Category design helps your company develop a clear, compelling point of view and narrative.
Category design puts your company in a unique position, away from the crowd.
Category design helps your team decide on and align around a strategic North Star.
Category design leaves you with a straightforward, plain-language story that anyone can understand.
In response to the Covid-19 crisis, we now offer category design workshops via Zoom.
The same process, the same outcome, but with some social distancing.
Our category design process helps leadership teams land on a clear and compelling strategy, get alignment inside the organization, and communicate the positioning to the world at large.
We understand that time is crucial for young companies and leadership teams. Our category design workshop will get you to a clear, well-designed strategic direction and message in three days. We call it time-to-category.
We know, too, that larger companies can be more complex and require a deeper dive and more proof points. Our transformation program embeds our team with your company for three to six months, working with your team to uncover the right category and drive it through the company and into the market.
○ Get the focus right and find a differentiating market space.
○ Find and define a new space and tell a compelling story for potential investors when fund-raising.
○ If pivoting, identify and define a clear new strategy that moves on from previous successes.
“The category design process helped us dramatically sharpen and improve our category and direction, and develop messaging and positioning around it.”
CEO, Big Panda.
○ Get alignment around a clear strategy that drives product development, marketing, sales, recruitment and investor relations.
○ Develop a compelling strategy story that you can tell to investment bankers and put in the S1.
“We realized very quickly we were able to define the company that way,”
○ Identify and define a bold new growth direction that builds on previous successes.
○ For enterprise R&D, build a strategy for innovation by identifying a new category the company can create and dominate.
“What category design did for us was package up a clear narrative.”
VC firms: Workshops for small groups of portfolio companies can inject category design concepts into your founders’ strategic thinking.
Incubators and accelerators: educational sessions about category design can help large groups of new entrepreneurs think creatively about their product and market space.